Diet and nutrition play an important role in managing your health. If you have a specific medical condition, proper diet and nutrition can help prevent or reduce complications and improve your quality of life.
At Sturdy we have registered dietitians who can provide nutrition counseling for:
- Weight control
- Eating disorders
- Food intolerance
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Gastrointestinal disorders
- Pediatric nutrition
During a one hour patient nutrition counseling session you can expect:
- A nutritional lifestyle evaluation
- Nutritional counseling
- Personalized advice
- Individualized meal planning based upon your medical condition, lifestyle, and personal preference
- Tips to assist in overcoming barriers for behavior change
- Learning to separate nutrition fact from fiction
- Scheduling of follow-up visits to monitor progress, if desired
Did You Know?
The Mediterranean Diet incorporates the flavors of 16 countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea and emphasizes a diet full of fiber, antioxidants and healthy fats. This eating style has been well-researched to help promote heart and brain health and assist in chronic disease prevention. Our dietitians have put together a healthy Mediterranean recipe for you to enjoy!