How We're Keeping You Safe
At Sturdy Memorial Hospital and Sturdy Memorial Associates, your health and safety remain our highest priorities. As you return to our offices and the Hospital for your health care needs, rest assured we have a number of measures to ensure your safety. These include:
- Masking: Everyone entering our facilities; employees, patients, and visitors alike, are required to wear a mask while in the building, unless unable to do so due to an approved exemption from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health.
- Screening: Whether you are visiting our hospital, one of our practices, or urgent care centers, you will have your temperature taken and be screened for symptoms of respiratory illness.
- Hand Hygiene: We have hand sanitizers throughout our facilities which allow patients and staff to clean their hands easily. We encourage everyone to wash their hands with warm water and soap frequently.
- Social Distancing: We’ve implemented creative practices to ensure social distancing for patients. This includes pre-registration for appointments and the use of virtual waiting rooms until your provider is ready to see you. Our waiting areas have been rearranged and in some areas, we’ve installed Plexiglas and floor decals to identify where you should stand.
- Cleaning: Our Environmental Services Team conducts frequent, thorough and enhanced cleaning throughout the Hospital and our off-site facilities. This includes disinfecting exam rooms and equipment, and all common areas, including hallways, waiting rooms, restrooms and door knobs.
- Infection Control: The Hospital has a fully staffed Infection Control Department led by an infectious disease physician and an expert team of medical providers and nurses. We’ve enhanced our infection control policies to further reduce the spread of germs and appropriately care for patients with suspected and confirmed COVID-19.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): We’ve been diligent in obtaining appropriate PPE for our staff. We have a sufficient supply on hand and follow strict guidance from the Centers for Disease Control regarding appropriate usage.
- Visitor Policy: We continue to restrict visitors at this time, with some exceptions. Read on to learn more.
- Telehealth: We continue to use Telehealth for patients as appropriate. This platform provides a secure way to consult with a provider while in the comfort of your home.
We’ve been thoughtful and diligent in our plans to welcome you and your families back to our facilities for necessary care while keeping your safety at the forefront. We look forward to seeing you thank you for trusting us with your care. If you have any questions we encourage you to contact your provider directly as they will be able to address any concerns you may have.