Sturdy Memorial- Your GPS for Everyday Wellness
People use GPS systems to help them get where they're going every day. And when it comes to navigating through your own health and wellness journey, getting lost can be easy. If you Google terms like Wellness Advice or Wellness Tips, the results can be overwhelming. So, how do you know if you're taking the right steps to achieve your best overall health and wellness? Ask your community health care providers, that's how. We want to help you.
With our Sturdy Advice campaign, Sturdy Memorial shares what we know about health and wellness to provide you with Sturdy Advice, to help you on your journey of everyday wellness.
Our goal is to inspire you to make healthy choices and to engage with us as your local resource for health and wellness. There's no better place to turn than your local community of doctors, nurses, and medical professionals to help you on your path to wellness.
Appetite For Life
Start your health and wellness journey by making choices that help you live a fuller life. Nutrition plays a key role in your health and wellness. By adding more color to your plate and keeping your portions in check you can help yourself to a serving of health.
- Drink enough water throughout the day, try infusing your water with citrus fruits, berries, and melons - it's delicious!
- Half of your plates should be veggies and fruit- find fun ways to make them more appealing- cauliflower rice anyone?
If you don't know where to start, reach out to us, our doctors and nutritionists can help!
Having Fun in Parenthood
Raising kids is a full contact sport. Parents need a solid offense and defense at all times. And while there are some really good parenting books out there, nothing beats the advice of your trusted family medicine physician or pediatrician.
- Planning for baby? Talk with your OB/GYN about steps to have a healthy pregnancy.
- Vaccines- they're worth the pinch. Keep your kids up to date on important shots.
- Helmets, shoulder pads, and knee pads- oh my! Wearing these can prevent injury.
Remember, being a parent is fun, but it helps when you have your playbook ready and know who to call when your child spikes a fever, where to go when a playground fall looks like a trip to the emergency room, and who can get your kid back in the game of life after an injury.
Taking the First Step
Exercising is important- it can help control your weight while also helping to prevent or manage health conditions such as diabetes. But did you know that it can help improve your mood and energy levels? Let's face it, who doesn't need more energy these days!
- Make exercise fun, the less it feels like a chore, the more you'll want to do it!
- Remember, little things add up: take the stairs, park your car farthest from the entrance.
- Get your heart pumping and your muscles burning with a combination of cardio and strength workouts.
You owe it to yourself to to get moving, 30 minutes a day is all it takes! If you need some guidance on taking that first step, let us know, we have a program that can help.
Navigating Everyday Wellness
There are things that you can do everyday to improve your overall wellness. And then there are things that you'll need a medical professional to help you with. You can't do it all alone (that's why you have us!). Making small changes can add up to be bigger changes in your health.
- Wash your hands, it's easy but so important in preventing sickness! Sing Happy Birthday to know you're washing long enough.
- Apply sunscreen- everyday- with at least an SPF of 30.
- Don't just see your doctor when you're sick, schedule those annual appointments!
In a world of information overload, we don't want you to get lost. Turn to us as your local experts in health and wellness for some Sturdy Advice.