Updates to Our Pediatric Offices
To our patients and families of Sturdy Pediatric Associates, Pleasant Street Pediatrics, and South Avenue Pediatrics:
We greatly care about the health, safety, and well-being of all our patients. Given the current evolving public health crisis in relation to COVID-19, we want to update all of our families about the steps we are taking to ensure the safety of our patients.In an effort to minimize the spread of COVID-19 and to implement the social distancing recommended by the Department of Public Health, we are trying to keep well children and children with stable mild illnesses at home
- Please call the office to speak with a triage nurse before bringing your child to our office or any medical facility. Please DO NOT WALK IN to the office for any reason if you do not have a scheduled appointment. Our triage nurse will provide you with further guidance as to when we would like your child to be evaluated in the office, how we are getting testing for patients who require it, and how to best manage your child's symptoms at home.
- We are NOT testing for COVID-19 in our office and will refer you to the best location to do so, if needed.
- Most well-visits, follow ups and non-urgent appointments will be rescheduled or addressed via phone if possible. We will continue to see children who are due for routine vaccines. We are actively working to set up telemedicine capabilities so that we may conduct other visits as well.
- If your child is scheduled for a well visit and has any signs of illness, please call and speak with a triage nurse prior to arrival. Well visits and healthy children will be seen in the morning and sick visits will be seen in the afternoon.
- We will be employing a VIRTUAL WAITING ROOM for all patients. Please arrive approximately 5 minutes prior to your appointment time and wait in your car. When booking or confirming your appointment, please provide the best number to reach you and we will give further instructions about entering the office.
- Patients coming for a sick visit will come in through the back or designated sick entrance of the building and must wear a mask.
- We ask that ALL visits are limited to the patient and one well adult, if possible.
- If your child is due for an ADHD recheck and/or needs a refill on medication, please call the office and the prescription will be mailed to you.
We will be cleaning all public spaces in our office building every 30 minutes. All exam rooms will be cleaned thoroughly in between every patient. A thorough cleaning of the building will also occur in between morning and afternoon sessions and at the end of each day.
If you have any questions please contact your pediatrician's office directly.