Changes to Our Visitor Policy
Effective MONDAY, AUGUST 10, 2020
We understand that visits from family members and friends are an important part of the healing process. We have put the following restrictions in place to allow us to continue to provide excellent care while maintaining the safety of our patients, staff, and community. We kindly ask that all patients and visitors follow masking guidelines and wear a mask when a Hospital employee enters a room to provide care.
Patient visitation hours are 11:00 am – 2:00 pm and 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm. Visitation is limited to one adult per time period. This will be strictly enforced.
- Individuals with fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, chills, body aches, headache, fatigue, weakness, or new loss of taste or smell in the last 7 days are not allowed to enter the Hospital for visitation.
- Persons who have traveled to a high-risk area for COVID-19 outside of Massachusetts, or have had contact with a person known or suspected to be infected with COVID-19 in the past 14 days are not allowed to visit. Please refer to mass.gov to identify high-risk states.
- Persons under the age of 18 are not allowed to visit.
- Visitors are not allowed for any patients who are positive for or under investigation for COVID-19, with limited exceptions for patients receiving end-of-life care.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed into the facility. At this time, we are not allowing visitors to eat or drink during visits. Doing so requires unmasking which increases the risk of transmission of infectious diseases. Please plan to eat and drink before your visit.
- Visitors must remain in the patient's room for the entirety of their visit. We are not allowing visitors access to the cafeteria and other common areas of the Hospital at this time.
VISITATION BY HOSPITAL AREA – ALL VISITORS MUST BE SCREENED UPON ENTERING THE HOSPITAL
- Inpatient visitation—Balfour, McCann, or Montplaisir nursing units—is limited to one adult visitor per visitation session.
- Emergency Department visitation is limited to one essential support person.
- Surgical Day Center patients may have one support person for transportation and pre-operative assistance only, waiting areas remain closed at this time.
- Outpatient/Ambulatory Services - no visitors, except for one adult support person for patients who need assistance getting to and from their appointment and for patients under the age of 18.
- Weber/LDRP visitation is limited to the a pre-approved doula and the birthing partner only.
AS A HEALTHY VISITOR, WE REQUIRE ALL INDIVIDUALS TO:
- Check into a screening station and have your temperature taken upon arrival.
- Wear a mask completely covering both your nose and mouth at all times while in the hospital.
- Wash your hands with soap and water or an alcohol-based hand rub before and after your visit.
- Maintain social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet from others while in the hospital.
- Report to the nurses' station upon arrival, before entering the patient's room.
- Remain in patient's room during entire visit.
- Exit the Hospital directly upon leaving the patent's room.
Any visitor in violation of these rules will be asked to leave. Please know that any exception to this policy must be approved by appropriate leadership. We will continue to monitor and evaluate the COVID-19 pandemic, and adjust this visitor's policy to act in the best interest of our patients and staff in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Massachusetts Department of Public Health. We recognize that this is a stressful time for you and your family and we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.