Accreditations & Awards
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is licensed by the state of Massachusetts to provide acute care hospital services and has earned the reputation as a quality institution that is worthy of the finest standards of care. As such, Sturdy's delivery of high quality care has resulted in earning awards acknowledging achievement.
Sturdy Memorial is nationally accredited by DNV-GL Healthcare for demonstrating that it meets or exceeds patient safety standards set forth by the U.S. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS). DNV GL’s accreditation program is the only one to integrate the ISO 9001 Quality Management System with the Medicare Conditions of Participation.
DNV GL’s accreditation program, called NIAHO® (National Integrated Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations), involves annual hospital surveys – instead of every three years – and encourages hospitals to openly share information across departments and to discover improvements in clinical workflows and safety protocols.
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Association of Blood Banks
- American College of Radiology
- American College of Surgeons, Commission on Cancer
- American Diabetes Association – Education Recognition Certificate
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services – Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) – Accreditation of Laboratory Services
- DNV GL Healthcare USA, Inc.
- International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Certification 9001
- Intersocietal Commission for the Accreditation of Vascular Laboratories
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health Designated Primary Stroke Service
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health for Radioactive Materials
- American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehab (AACVPR)
- American Hospital Association
- Massachusetts Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehab (MACVPR)
- Massachusetts Coalition for the Prevention of Medical Errors
- Massachusetts Council of Community Hospitals
- Massachusetts Department of Public Health – Southeastern Massachusetts (Region 5) Emergency Preparedness Consortium
- Massachusetts Health & Hospital Association
- The Schwartz Center for Compassionate Healthcare
- U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, FDA Certified Mammography Facility
- American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association Bronze and Silver Plus Achievement Award
- Harvard Pilgrim Health Care Honor Roll- Sturdy Affiliated Physicians
- Oncology Nursing Society Employer Recognition Award
- Health Resources and Services Administration - Platinum Recognition Workplace Partnership for Life Hospital Organ Donation Campaign